EU/EEA or Swiss citizen

17 January 2014
06 June 2016

Registration for citizens of member states of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.

If you are working for a company or organisation that is recognised as a sponsor by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND), you can register at THIC. You will be registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) during your appointment. You will also receive a citizen service number (BSN) straight away along with a letter containing your registration details.

If you are not working for a recognised sponsor, you need to make an appointment at the Immigration Office by phoning +31 70353 30 00.

I want to register

You can make an appointment to register in the BRP and need to attend the appointment in person. If family members want to register too, then they need to come along to the appointment as well.

  • What to bring to the appointment?
    • Valid proof of identity. Please note: A driving licence will not be accepted as valid identification.
    • Proof of occupancy: Read more
    • A recently issued original birth certificate. A recent original marriage certificate (if applicable). This is only needed for the first registration or if you have never shown your certificates before. These documents will be reviewed during your appointment. Both documents can also be presented at a later date.
  • Legalization
    Documents from certain countries must be legalized or have an apostille. Find more information on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
  • Translations
    Some foreign documents must be translated into Dutch by a certified translator. The municipality will verify the authenticity of the identity documents. Read more on translating foreign documents.
  • What does it cost?
    This service is provided free of charge.
  • How long does it take?
    Registration takes place and is completed during the appointment.
  • Make appointment

17 January 2014
06 June 2016