How to apply for DigiD
- 03 August 2016
- 08 September 2016
Many governmental as well as public service organisations require the use of DigiD to access their services. Using DigiD allows you to prove your identity online, and safeguards your data with these organisations.
Follow these steps to obtain DigiD authorisation.
- Browse to the DigiD website. The application form is only available in Dutch.
- Fill in the following personal details:
- Citizen service number (BSN)
- Date of birth
- Zip code
- House/apartment number (include extra additions, for example 114a)
- To both safeguard your identity and have access to privacy sensitive services, like health insurance, it is recommended to opt for extra verification by sms. Whenever you log in with DigiD, you are required to enter the verification code received on your mobile phone.
- Create your login details:
- Choose a username
- Create a strong password (fill it in twice)
- Fill in your mobile phone number (for sms verification)
- Fill in your e-mail address
- Confirm your login details.
- An sms code will be sent to your phone. Enter this sms code en press 'next'
- Enter the verification code that was sent to your e-mail address
- Application completed. You will receive your activation code and instructions by regular mail at your registered address. Until you receive this letter you will not be able to use your DigiD.