Coronavirus information centre for internationals
It may be challenging to keep track of changes/amendments to rules and measures during this crisis, especially if you are a newcomer in the Netherlands. Our team have curated links to essential information relating to coronavirus, to help give you an overview of trusted sources. And if you still can't find an answer, just send your questions to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised services at The Hague International Centre
Following the latest government guidelines to manage the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), The Hague International Centre has adapted its services to safeguard visitors and personnel against the virus. Visit our revised services page for more details.
- National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) provides detailed information about the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Government of the Netherlands provides up-to-date information and advice on national measures to manage the coronavirus
- Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) provides the latest information on immigration and travel
- The Netherlands and you provides updates about travel and doing business in the Netherlands
- Municipality of The Hague provides comprehensive information concerning coronavirus in The Hague
Reliable news sources
These websites provide reliable national and regional updates about the coronavirus crisis:
- NOS.nl (public broadcasting agency in Dutch)
- AD Den Haag (in Dutch)
Services at the municipalities
Please take note of revised services at:
- Municipality of The Hague (English)
- Municipality of Delft (English)
- Municipality of Rijswijk (Dutch)
- Municipality of Leidschendam-Voorburg (Dutch)
Support and advice
- Coronavirus: support and information from the Municipality of The Hague
- Coronavirus: information for businessses from the Municipality of The Hague
- Business.gov.nl has an overview of all the financial aid available for entrepreneurs and businesses
- Ministry of Education has an FAQ for international students
- National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) has an FAQ about coronavirus and personal health
- Fair Rent Team ‘Huurteam’ at the Municipality of The Hague is the first point of contact for legal advice on the rental of residential properties in The Hague
- ACCESS has a helpdesk to answer all general enquiries about living and working in the Netherlands
Support by phone
- Municipality of The Hague is available to help people who are feeling vulnerable due to the coronavirus crisis.
call (070) 205 30 03 Monday to Friday, 9.00 - 21.00 hrs.; weekend, 10.00 - 16.00 hrs.
- National crisis line can help with all questions related to the coronavirus.
call 0800 13 51 daily, 8.00 to 20.00 hrs. or
call (0031) 202 05 13 51 from abroad
- The Hague’s Public Health Department (GGD Haaglanden) can help with all health-related questions
call (088) 355 01 00 Monday to Friday, 8.30 - 17.00 hrs.
- Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment (SZW) will handle enquiries about money, benefits, work, debts, legal issues or (Ooievaars) measures
call (070) 353 75 00 Monday to Friday, 8.30 - 16.00 hrs.
Information for international students
- Government of the Netherlands (in Dutch) is the official page of the government with FAQs about higher education
- Nuffic is the Dutch organisation for the internationalisation of education. They provide comprehensive information about the impact of the coronavirus on education
- Dutch Student Union (LSVb) provides tips and advice for international students and essential information about your rights as a student and employee in the Netherlands
Download this infographic for the latest government measures as well as a step-by-step plan for the coming months.