Can I exchange my driving license?
You can exchange your licence for a Dutch one if you meet ALL of the following conditions:
- You live in the Netherlands and are registered with your local municipality.
- You are from the EU, the EEA, Switzerland OR are from a country with a special agreement OR you have the 30% ruling.
- You have a valid residence permit (unless you are a citizen of the EU, EEA or Switzerland).
- Your current driving licence is valid.
- Your current driving licence, if issued in a country outside the EU, was issued after being a resident of that country for at least 185 days.
If you do not meet the conditions you cannot exchange your licence for a Dutch one. This means you will need to take a standard theory and practical test at the Central Office for Motor Vehicle Driver Testing (CBR). Read more…