How to obtain a Digital COVID Certificate if I received my vaccination abroad?
If you have received one or more COVID vaccinations abroad (i.e. not through the Dutch vaccination programme) you can still apply for a Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) or QR code as follows:
- Vaccinations administered by authorities in another EU member state
- If you have been vaccinated as an EU citizen within the European Union, you are entitled to a DCC/QR code from the country in which you were vaccinated. This can then be used in the Netherlands.
- Vaccinations administered in a third (non-EU) country
- If you live in the Netherlands and have been vaccinated with an EMA or WHO approved vaccine in a third (non-EU) country and are able to provide a certified vaccination certificate from your vaccination provider, you will be able to obtain a DCC/QR code in the Netherlands.
- To register your vaccination you will need to make an appointment by calling +31 (0)30 800 2899. The DCC will need to be picked up from the GGD (local health service) in Utrecht or Groningen.
- Vaccinations received in a third (non-EU) country without proof of vaccination
- You cannot apply for a vaccination certificate in the Netherlands. You can get a DCC/QR code with a test certificate or a recovery certificate.
For more information on Requirements for proof of vaccination issued outside the EU, visit government.nl