Not sponsored registration procedure The Hague region

Not sponsored

If you are not sponsored by a school or company to come to the Netherlands, you will have to arrange your own residence permit. In all cases you will still have to register at the municipality. Select the situation that applies to you:

If you are not a citizen of a EU/EEA country, but you want to stay for longer than 90 days, you will also have to apply for a residence permit. Go to the government website to find out more about a long stay visa (MVV).

Please note: if you are moving to The Hague region as a diplomat or consular officer, or do you work for an international organization such as the International Court of Justice, Europol or the European Patent Office? You have a special residency status and your registration procedure differs.