Certificates from the municipality The Hague region

Certificates from the municipality

If you are registered in the Personal Record Database (BRP), you can request several types of certificates at your local municipality. These certificates might be required to provide proof of (for example) your marriage status, or prove that you have no criminal convictions when applying for a job.

Extracts from the BRP (‘Uittreksel’)

More information on obtaining an extract from the BRP from:

Certificates from the civil registry (birth, marriage, divorce, death, etc)

More information on obtaining a specific certificate from:

Converting a non-Dutch certificate into a Dutch certificate

You can have a non-Dutch certificate converted into a Dutch certificate only if you are (or were) a Dutch citizen or you have a permanent asylum residence permit (residence permit III or IV).

Certain foreign documents, including certificates, have to be legalised. You can consult the website of the government to see which legalisation apply to your documents.

Documents from abroad need to be in Dutch, English, French or German. Otherwise they must translated into one of these languages by a sworn translator.

More information about registering your certificates at the Municipality of