Formalities The Hague region

Formalities for your international staff members

More and more companies and organisations are hiring international staff in The Hague region, and we want to help facilitate them to do so. The Hague International Centre is in a unique position, being able to provide multiple services in one central location in the City Hall of The Hague.

We can offer municipal registration to the municipalities of The Hague, Delft, Rijswijk; and Leidschendam-Voorburg, as well as IND services, and an unparalleled information service to offer new employees a soft landing in the region.

Services for international staff at The Hague International Centre

Municipal registration and BSN

We are able to register newly-arrived internationals to the municipalities of:

  • The Hague
  • Delft
  • Rijswijk
  • Leidschendam-Voorburg

This is an expedited service, and anyone using the services of The Hague International Centre will be able to receive their BSN (citizen's service number) at their appointment. This means that the newcomer will be able to set up their bank account, access Dutch government services, and more, with no delay.

Residence permits

We have an IND officer on duty at The Hague International Centre every day. This means that a new international employee can obtain their BSN (having completed municipal registration) and their residence permit card at the same appointment.

Address change

Every time someone moves house in the Netherlands, they are required to submit the updated address to their local municipality. The Hague International Centre's team can handle address changes on behalf of people that registered in the Centre. This can be done via email, or in-person at The Hague International Centre.


It is a legal requirement to de-register from the municipal database (BRP index) when someone is leaving the Netherlands permanently. The Hague International Centre can handle this deregistration for anyone that used the Centre to register in the BRP. This can be done via e-mail, or in-person at The Hague International Centre.

30% ruling information

The Hague International Centre offers information on the 30% ruling. This tax reimbursement scheme is designed to compensate the expenses you have as a foreign employee, due to temporary residence in the Netherlands (extraterritorial costs). If your company is a recognised IND sponsor, your employee will receive a letter specifying the period that you qualify for the 30% ruling.

Statement of Health for driving license exchange

If you are converting your driving licence, you may need to show a statement of health. A Statement of Health is a list of questions about your physical and mental health. You can purchase this medical declaration at the Central Office for Motor Vehicle Driver Testing (CBR) and many driving schools. After you purchase your Statement of Health, you then need to send it to the CBR.