Shopping in The Hague
One of the best things about The Hague may very well be how nearby everything is. You do not need a car to go from one store to another, or to drive to three different malls to succeed on a shopping trip. When you want to go for a day of shopping, it could not be any easier to get around. As stores are open 7 days a week, there will always be a moment that works for your schedule – even in evenings or weekends (every Thursdays shops are open until 21:00). In other words, shopping in The Hague is great!
- In the heart of the city you will find the Grote Marktstraat, one of the hotspots to go shopping. Several major department stores are situated in this street.
- In the surrounding streets you will find dozens of large and small shops, restaurants, bars and theatres.
- In the opposite direction at Plaats, the oldest square in the city, you will find haute couture and exclusive brands as well as in the surrounding streets the Hoogstraat, Molenstraat and Noordeinde.
- Also, make sure you visit the Passage, the oldest shopping mall in the Netherlands.
- If you are looking to decorate your house, a good option to visit is the Megastores mall. It is situated near station Hollands Spoor.
Shopping in the region
Other concentrations of stores can be found throughout the region such as In de Bogaard in Rijswijk or Leidsenhage in Leidschendam-Voorburg. The streets surrounding the Markt square in Delft also provide a beautiful setting for a day of shopping.